Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Paintings of Potchutla

The new show is up. It's been a busy 2 months of painting evenings and during nap times. I do enjoy the controlled chaos that a painting deadline creates. Last year in preparation for my summer show I scaled down to painting on small blocks of wood that I could hold in my hand. I've always enjoyed working small and I knew that for my show this month I wanted to keep all the paintings small. There is the satisfaction of completing a painting everyday. Being able create a lot of images in a small period of time. I'm taking a break this week and then I'll continue next week on the next project that I've been thinking about.
There will be an opening this Sunday, March 11th, at 7pm. Otherwise the show is up all month at The Neighborhood Cafe, 1418 NW 70th street, Seattle (that's in Ballard). The cafe is open wed. -sun.,7am-3pm.

No comments: